USF Computer Information
The MyUSF Portal requires a NetID, which can be activated at http://www.usf.edu/it/services/netid.aspx.
Provides access to:
- USF Email (faculty/staff) or USF Gmail (students)– web version of your USF email
- Canvas – online teaching tool
- Application Gateway – free access to many USF licensed software from home or laptop
- Library Services – browse catalog, view journal articles, etc.
- GEMS Self-Service – view paychecks, request leave, and other employment functions
- Parking Permits – purchase or renew Tampa campus parking permits
- Directory – online directory of staff, faculty, and students
- Orbitz for Business – travel website for USF employees
FOREST Domain Account and Network Drives
Activating your NetID will create a FOREST domain account for you. Your FOREST account will allow you access to network drives. The P drive is the location of the faculty lab folders and the Public folder. If you are a faculty or staff member, you will also have the U drive. All business and research related documents should be saved to a network drive, which is backed up nightly.
- CAS-PSY Public – department phone list, letterhead templates, instructions, etc.
- Faculty lab folders – used by faculty, grad students, and research assistants to share documents and data
U Drive: (faculty/staff only)
Personal drive for private items and anything not to be shared by others, such as:
- CV files
- Journal articles
- Chapter/book writings
- Letters of recommendations
If you, your grad students, or research assistants need access to a P drive folder, please complete the Psychology Building and Computer Access Form at http://psychology.usf.edu/forms/PSYaccess.aspx and fill out the "Network resources access" area. Undergraduate students are not permitted to submit the form giving them access to your resources.
Psychology Computer Support
Shaine Blanco – PCD 4118L
Phone: (813) 974-1103
USF Information Technology
Library 1st Floor – LIB 117
Phone: (813) 974-1222
Toll Free: (866) 974-1222