Transfer Student Information
Please follow these steps to ensure a smooth entry into USF and the Department
1. Register for Orientation
- Orientation is mandatory for all newly admitted USF students, including transfer students. You must register for an on-campus Orientation on the Orientation website (Opens in New Window). If you do not intend to come to USF Tampa, you are in the wrong location. Please go to either St. Petersburg, or Sarasota / Manatee, as Orientation and the degree requirements can differ from one another.
2. Watch College Overview
- Please feel free to pause, rewind, and rewatch this video. If you would like to see additional information about what is presented, please see the links at the bottom of this page
3. Schedule Appointment with your Academic Advisor
- Schedule an Advising Appointment If you cannot attend an appointment in person, please contact advisor for instructions on how to have a phone or e-appointment.
To schedule an appointment, you will need your USF NetID, which is necessary for many other activities as a new student at USF. To set up/activate your NetID & Password, go to - https://netid.usf.edu/
4. Review Major information and Meet with Academic Advisor
5. Register for classes
- Students who meet with their academic advisor prior to attending orientation, will have the opportunity to register before attending orientation. We highly recommend that you take advantage of this!!! You can use the below links to assist you in the registration process
- If you do not meet with your advisor in advance, you can begin registering for classes at the end of orientation. There will be Orientation Transition Mentors (TMs) in a computer lab who can assist you with the registration process.